View Single Post
Old 02-21-10, 12:36 AM   #12
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Ok, here is the latest version of the mission.

http://www.filefront.com/15640847/TenGoA.rar

By the way, haven't said so yet, but thank you for your help. It's been invaluable.

Oh, and here's a question for you. Do Aircraft Carriers spawn aircraft? If not, what are they good for. If so, what is their behavior? Will a CV within plane range of a high value target launch against that target? Do you have to have a Recon Plane in contact with the target, or another ship?
You are welcome, glad to help when I can.

Here is something you may want to try for your mission that I didn't think of before. If you set the planes for the 7th and the spawn rate for 24 hours, they may not spawn until 24 hours later. In other words they would spawn on the 8th, 24 hours after the set date. So try setting them for the 6th and see if it works for you.

I will try to get FOTRS and check the mission, since most of the planes are not in the stock game.

I have not actually tested it, but I do notice a LOT more aircraft when I am near a Task Force containing a Carrier. So I think they do spawn aircraft, but I think they fly a random pattern and attack if they happen to encounter you. I don't think they launch aircraft specifically to attack another ship. I think they just have aircraft in the air around them just like an airbase would send out planes in the game. An airbase just has an area they cover with their aircraft, they don't launch when a ship approaches. At least I think that is how it works in the game.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 02-21-10 at 12:53 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote