View Single Post
Old 05-08-08, 03:44 PM   #75
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep-Six
Ok, here is what I would do to isolate the problem. Look at Vista first, the registry, then the drivers. Then SH4.

I will tell you guys that I dont have Vista handy to give you guys any help. Just suggestions.
I agree that Isolating the problem is the goal. I only differ with regard to what is logically the First component/parameter to look at...let's call it the primary 'suspect' of 'person of interest' in a criminal investigation. Unfortunately, pretty much everyone in the PC world is quick to blame VISTA for any/all problems experienced by anyone using VISTA, overlooking simpler solutions and tossing aside proven investigatory methodology.

Again:

VISTA + 8800GTX + NVidia Driver of choice + Pacific Environment MOD + SH4 1.4 = Smooth running of SH4

VISTA + 8800GTX + NVidia Driver of choice + Pacific Environment MOD + SH4 1.5 = BSOD

Logically, the parameter which changed was, by definition, SH4 1.5. That is why the Romanian developers are best positioned to compare SH4 1.5 to 1.4 to identify/know what files or engine 'code' was changed. It would seem to me that the developers/programmers could, therefore, very likely isolate the probable cause of the BSODs in a matter of merely a few hours.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote