Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
I sent screenshots of the Tourelle de la Plate (V12) in game

Quote:
I found this link on the internet - don't know if you've seen it?

http://www.leuchtturm-welt.net/HTML/FRPK/FR.HTM

Has another photo of La Plate (attached)
Another excellent picture indeed. No, I had not seen it before, I wish I had

Quote:
I've attached also the picture I received of Tourelle du Chat (1935 when it was finished) but I'm not sure- as I said it looks different and there isn't a rock showing (high water??/). I wonder if it was too thin so an outer skin of stone was added? We'll see what they can find next week
Yep, it looks like a kitten... the small brother of Le Chat

The tower missing its granite base and having no rocks around it, are not a big surprise: as you said, the picture might have been taken during hide tide.

What is strange, is the apparent weathering of the paintwork, especially around the base where there seem to be algae encrusted on the concrete: in 1935 the tower had to look (almost) new

Also note the position of the door relative to the access ladder, and its big size compared to the rest of the gallery

Quote:
Your model looks excellent.
But probably wrong, lol

Edit: Talking about Le Chat, Fichou says:

"autorisée par la D.M. du 7 janvier 1929. les travaux commencent en juin 1929 et sont totalement achevés en décembre 1936, après l'allumage du feu"

and, a bit below:

"28 août 1933 : feu à occultation toutes les 6 secondes"

That means that from 1933 to 1936, though being already in place and operational as a light, the tower might have been subject to improvements and possible reinforcements, but by 1935 it should have had gas cylinder and lantern already installed

Last edited by gap; 10-13-17 at 06:46 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote