Uploads:
gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Thank you for your reports Anvar, they are of great help
Yes, thank you Anvar.

Quote:
As far as I know, before you joined our little team, our lighthouse had only been tested over SHIII + GWX Gold (me), and WAC (Kendras). MLF has also been helping us with alpha-testing, but I ignore his mod loadout.
Correction : I'm testing with vanilla game, but modded with WAC 4.1 terrain and WAC 4.1 locations.

Quote:
This CTD might be caused by the lighthouse having been set as type 407 (Naval Base) starting from alpha v12. I am not sure yet that this is the best unit type we can use for our lighthouses; we might switch to another unit type in one of the next versions, but if we kept it, it would enable our lighthouses having their names printed on the navigation map, similar to ports.
I think it's a very good idea, and it does not cause any problem.

The CTD is probably due to the Locations.cfg file in Terrain folder. You have to install manually the new locations in your own Locations.cfg file (ignore the Brest_U_Bunker new entry) from line ; LIGHTHOUSES, and correct the numbers in each [Location ---] .

Quote:
To be honest, all my tests have been carried out using the date chosen by Kendras for his testing mission (March 1, 1940). The date-triggered CTD you are reporting might be caused by some lighthouse equipments -which, on turn, have other configurable equipments linked to them- being removed from the model starting from June 25, 1940.

If that was true, the CTD migh not be megamod-related, and it might happen when the game tries placing an equipment on top of another equipment which is no longer in place. If that was the case, a possible fix could be "switching off" "child equipments" as well as their "parent equipments".
I've tried to launch the mission in 1945, and no CTD occured.