View Single Post
Old 01-06-17, 09:49 AM   #3
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Congratulations on your newest acquisition Reece. This a major league unit. Skybird makes some good points. I have some thoughts as well. Rockin Robbins had mentioned setting up a Firewall system and it makes good sense. It prevents virus's and malware that has been installed in your computer from communicating back to it's place of origin. There are one way and two way firewalls.

http://www.itscolumn.com/2011/08/wha...-way-firewall/

Also look into a good utility software suite to consolidate operations within your computer. You can use it to speed things up by disabling programs that initiate at startup. It has other uses and benefits as well. This would be useful for users with less capable computers. Your unit will handle anything you choose to throw at it.

One other thought. Some tech people I know have told me that new computers sold in the future equipped with Microsoft operating systems purchased from retailers will not allow the end user to reinstall a different operating system like Linux after removing the Microsoft system. This also applies if you choose to install a new HDD as well. For advanced users, I would think if the Bios was wiped, you could reinstall Linux but I haven't seen it performed yet. I'm also wondering if you could order a commercially available computer from retailers without an operating system pre installed.

This would not apply if one decided to build their own computer with readily available motherboards, CPU's and other hardware components. For capable people like this that can do their own work, they again can install Linux or any other available operating system of their choice. For laptop users, this may be more difficult.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-06-17 at 10:42 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote