View Single Post
Old 02-11-18, 02:36 AM   #1
Scottvdken
Watch

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo going under ship

Playing with WoS only, still on the baltic mission. Came across the pair of destroyers and hit one in the stern, causing a fire - torpedo was 3m deep. He was dead in the water, not moving at all so I left him be and went to catch his buddy thinking he would sink shortly. I could not catch the other ship, so I looked in my log and it showed no ships sunk... I went back to the first ship (about 12-16 hours had passed at this point), and I found him still burning so decided to finish him off. I proceeded to launch about 5 torps at him over a period of time, at various depths 3m and above, at all different areas of the ship. Every single one went under it?? The last couple were even at 1m (highest possible), aimed right for the stern where he was sitting lowest in the water, still went under.

Two questions

1: Why were my torps missing?

2: If I had left him alone, would he eventually have sunk? How long can a burning, immobile ship stay afloat?

I ended up making a bad decision and surfaced, thinking maybe I could get him with my guns. However, his guns were still fully functional.

Last edited by Scottvdken; 02-11-18 at 02:52 AM.
Scottvdken is offline   Reply With Quote