View Single Post
Old 09-21-08, 11:22 PM   #1106
pmsteinm
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by verde13
Hi there OLC, i 've been enjoying your mods for quite a while now but lately i've come across a very strange problem. My torpedoes always miss in the campaign. I do what i always did following your instructions regarding OLC GUI. I can't explain what's wrong but i can't hit targets at 1000 meters away from me, when i was able to get hits from at least 2500 meters. The torpedoes never seem to have the correct solution. On the contrary when i try the training missions i have no problem whatsoever. I recall one instance when i launched one immediately after another, but not as a salvo. I could see at the event camera the one trailing the other one. Well the first one hit close to the bow but the second one never appeared. It is as if it vanished. Also the hit wasn't displayed on the event camera, i just saw it on the attack periscope. I'm at a loss here and have no explanation for this very annoying problem. I have sunk two ships in my current patrol but now i have been stuck with this problem for weeks. Help please ?
This may not be related, but its something to check:

I've noticed that when I'm in the attack periscope view if I click the left mouse button to get out of mouse look mode it always clicks on the torpedo depth selector and sets it to 20. Took me a few misses to notice that my torpedoes where passing way under the target. I assume this glitch is caused by my running at 1600x1200 instead of 1024x768 resolution. I've just made it a habit to adjust the depth after clicking out of look mode so its not a big deal.
pmsteinm is offline   Reply With Quote