View Single Post
Old 02-11-07, 09:55 AM   #19
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_132
The patch is 1.4b not 1.3 just that a typein error I guess.
I believe it says it's a patching SH3 versions 1.0 to 1.3 -> which means that it'll take any version between 1.0 and 1.3, and patch it to 1.4b. Don't you just love the English language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder-Pirate
Theres no way in H--- that I'll buy a piece of 'Bill & company' crud like VISTA untill all the dung is out of it, and by the looks of it sofar it will be a few years and many heartbreaks and flattened wallets. Oh but Bill's wallet will be fatter.
Yeah... if I had to buy Vista, I'd walk away laughing too. Since I work in the Comp. Tech. industry, I usually get handed a copy of MS' latest version for free or near-free.

Vista itself isn't too shabby at this point... problem is, it's not great. There's not much I can point to and say "This is THE reason you need to buy Vista." It's better, but it's mediocre better (if that makes sense).

They did change security around quite a bit, and they're starting to play better with permissions. So a lot of your older programs... well... they might not play well with Vista.

The patch to 1.4b didn't play well... it wasn't able to delete some files when I ran it. Even though my user is an administrator (I ought to change this), I still had to right click and "run as administrator" to get the patch to run correctly.
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote