View Single Post
Old 11-15-17, 01:59 PM   #18
IDMooseMan
Watch

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

I have only played the single-mission of this scenario. I was sort of successful one time.

Every time I attempted this scenario silently, I was blown out of the water, so I decided to try something different. I sunk the closest surface ship and, while it was sinking, I moved towards it to use its noise as cover and positioned myself to fire upon the closest approaching surface ship.

I sank the second one, and moved towards it while it was sinking to do the same. Leapfrogging like this sent the remaining surface ships into search mode. When they passed over my position, I used maximum non-cavitating speed to close in on the release point. Fired missiles. Turned and "tried" to get out of there.

Missile strikes were successful, but on the way out is when the "found" me, and again, I was blown out of the water.

This Air Force guy has a lot of respect for the submariners out there who actually had to do this type of thing. Frankly, I am at a loss of how to successfully complete the mission AND survive.

I will try the methods mentioned previously. Thank you for the information and strategies. Much appreciated.
"To those that serve and have served, "Thank You"; To those that have not, "You are Welcome".
IDMooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote