View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 05:52 AM   #25
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Dowly, I personally dislike these endlessly lasting, years-.taking "Early Access" projects they now have at around every corner at Steam. I am not new to criticising broken game releases. Early Access I accept as long as it lasts not longer than one year. Else the Early Access release imo was way too premature. I am very choosey regarding developers whose Early Access projects I support. A very positive, professionally done example was Assetto Corsa, both of them. A very deterring, unprofessionally handled example was Wreckfest.

NMS may have been all that what you said back then and still think today, its just that it does not matter anymore for people finding the game today. Like myself, I have not gotten into it before now, cheap price, all content. And what I hold in my hands, is good. Not pure gold, but a really solid, good package. How it got to what it is now - I am no interested in, honestly. I bought the present, not the past.

In 2012, a famous company named SimBin released the "successor", so it was hoped, to GTR-2. The sim must have been a desastetr, I read, terrible physics, lousy AI. The company had made many mistakes before, and broke apart, went bancrupt. The remains of the team reassembled in two groups, and became the core teams for two other new studios, the one made Project Cars then, the other, under the name Sector3, cooperated with a suspension producer from the real world, and started to pick up the remains of Raceroom. When they released their first big revamp of the formerly already buried body, it was another game, and that was when I stumbled over it. You see, I did not care what there was in drama and msitakes before, what I had found was poure gold, love at first sight. Since then, 2015 I think, it became better and better, went from strength to strength, and nobody, really nobody today laughs anymore or talks about the bad start eight years ago. It just does not matter anymore. And its former outstanding weaknesses today are two of its most outstanding positives: the physics belong to the most convcining in business, the aI is the banchmark in business to which all others must compare.

You must not like NMS. Or like it but stay away from it for any reeason of yours, if you think you must. Its okay. I just gave a headsup for those people finding it now, and hearing whispers about some sky falling event in the dark ages. To them i say: those days are over, the game is okay, and apparently still in full development for further new content. In VR, its especially nice to crawl over the surface of some god-forsaken planet.

A good game. Not more, not less. The rest is history. Let it rest now.