View Single Post
Old 10-28-12, 03:00 PM   #1
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

[REL]Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4

The other day a member asked if the Magnified HUD Dials mod was compatible with version 1.4. It is not.

His question came in a thread that's on the "SH4 ATO Mods" portion of this forum regarding a fellow modder who made larger HUD dials for the Operation Monsun mod group. Unfortunately, the work done toward the OM+OMEGU version has been lost. Since this work was a redo of the original mod of mine I thought I'd take a look at making a compatible version for both OM+OMEGU, and the stock SH4 version 1.4.

So far I've completed the "Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4" and have it HERE at SubSims "Downloads" page. The main folder contains two separate mods:

Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4_Large
Magnified HUD Dials for v1.4_Medium

As you may guess, one will enlarge the dials greater than the other. I found this important for those that have the largest resolution/aspect ratios will want to try the "Large" edition. If the dials are made too big, then perhaps the "Medium" edition would work better.

As another possible cure for having too large a dial, using the "Delete" key will hide the interface giving you access to the screen behind the dials. In any event, these mods should help those with slight problems with seeing the dials.

For future reference, I'll be finishing up something similar for both the OM+OMEGU mods, and the version 1.5 of the Magnified HUD Dials.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote