Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Could be considered best mod so far this year
.... Man, to do this "mod", you just need 2 things : a picture of a ship destroyed by a torpedo, and no more than 1 minute to paste the picture on the "Expl_mask01_a.tga" on Paintshop.... Ocean Blue is a great modder, but I just want to say that's not really a hard job to do this, just try to make your own torpedo damage texture, that's not so hard, Jim.
I don't evaluate then score a mod by how difficult or easy it was to develop and in saying that I include the latest GWX update I'm currently beta testing prior to it's release
I do however evaluate then score a mod after seeing the impact it has on a game and gauging the feedback from users of this game.
I take your point about timescales but it only reinforces one of my beliefs....why waste incalcuable time on a mod that is buggy or has a detrimental impact on gameplay when sometimes you can create something extremely quickly that is of immeasurable benefit to so many

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote