View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 01:37 PM   #995
Nerazzurri
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You have most likely diagnosed your trouble there with your last sentences. "Yes Nerazzurri, you do need to install DirectX v9.0C" when you install the game, ~then~ do all the pre-setup work for LSH...

There are "compatibility" files in v9.0C that are NOT in the later versions of DirectX, for whatever Microsoft reason (perpetual update / spend money company)...
Ah, OK.

I installed that after you said. I thought I'd just try it but it didn't work, as you'd expect - I'll need to start the installation afresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi N

Problem Solving the Error > Cannot initialize 3D Engine?
DirectX 9.0C > Download

Have you changed this setting
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=969

Documents\V15\data\cfg\main cfg file
VIDEO]
Resolution=1920 x 1020 < should show your monitors native resolution
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No > try changing to yes
DynamicShadows=No
ParticleDensity=100.000000
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

More helpful information.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=917

Peter
That's a strange one - I went into JSGME to disable that mod and there was no mods at all showing.

I have deleted the intro video.

Although this install was from Steam and I converted it, I'm actually waiting on a DVD version which is due any day. So I'm going to uninstall this attempt and clean up. Then I'll re-install from the disc, paying attention to installing the correct DirectX (how did I miss that?!). From memory, I think the DVD has the correct DX on it for installation too?

Thanks to both of you for replying. I'll re-visit those posts once I get the DVD.

EDIT: Oh! I tried another 2 older nvidia drivers too. I've kept them as they may come in useful.