View Single Post
Old 10-15-17, 02:52 PM   #24
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Sure, as he did not experience the event directly, same way he did not experience sinking merchant ships (though, to be correct, those are my assumptions rather than established facts).

And yet USSR no longer exists, nor do I support such a policy, hence I am not sure how that is relevant, except possibly as a veiled character assasination?

Rest assured, It was certainly not a character assassination, veiled or otherwise. I have found some of your posts to be informative and insightful. You had said in post # 20 and I quote: " And no, one should not be penalized for consuming informational medium. "

I merely pointed out in Soviet Russia that news in Russia was limited to what Tass or Pravda told the citizenry there. Western news, clothes, music and other consumables were forbidden there except to the party elite and those connected through black markets or other means. I was simply commenting on what you said. Under Putin, little has changed there as people who challenge the Putin Govt usually don't meet with a good ending. Then again, Putin was KGB.

With regards to Markus not experiencing the horse being shot, what possible difference could that make ? The rest of us who commented in this section of the forum including you and myself didn't experience it either but you chose to single out Markus and question him and his feelings on it. That's why I took offense. Markus simply voiced what we all were thinking and saying.

As far as sinking merchant ships, how does that differ from slaying dragons or other fictional characters ? It's well established sinking merchant ships is what U-boats did. If one is going for realism in their game play, that's what they do. For crying out loud, it's a game and nothing more.

You may want to consider since this is an International forum and people here come from all corners of this world that it's easy for things to get lost in translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you for your reply to my comments.

I understand ikalugin's point of view.

However he doesn't know my own ROE-Which was very simpel-No attack against civilian ships.

Only attacking warship and merchant.(Merchant was, as I saw it, a part of the navy/military) and those who worked on a merchant did this freely, they wasn't forced to and they knew what could happen.

Furthermore I'm a pacifist, not 100 %, ´cause if someone threaten my mom, sisters, nephew, niece I would neutralise the threat. Not killing the person, only neutralise. and only doing as much harm, until he isn't a threat anymore.

When it comes to animal, I feel pain and helplessness, when I read stories like this one. about 0,001 % of me think that a good old beating would learn these people to behave, while the other 99.999 % of me, know beating isn't the solution, other things must be done, so the person learn to respect all living, even animal in the future.

Markus

Markus, you certainly don't need to trouble or explain yourself for how you play your games. That's your business. The same goes for how you feel on a certain subject as your opinion along with Ikalugin's and that of everyone else is just as important and relevant as the others.

You had mentioned respect Markus and I largely felt Ikalugin wasn't respecting your viewpoint or you for that matter. You are right in what you said and a little respect goes a long way. Thanks for weighing in.

Enough said.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote