View Single Post
Old 08-28-06, 04:28 AM   #718
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Goldorak, I don't ever remember tying the release of LWAMI 4.00 with the release of the DW 1.04 patch. :hmm:

In any case, there was no immediate connection until it became more and more obvious to me that way too much of what I was doing was either the direct result of working around some bug that could much more effectively be fixed by patching or inherently limited by some specific crippling issue with the game engine that once again could easily be addressed by patching.

I have absolutely no problem with any of this on the surface. Modding is in some ways advanced beta testing (or testing for the next product, as GOOD game companies utilize their community assets), but it is very clear to me that 1) SCS is going to fix what they want and anything beyond the basics that we find is never going to be fixed in the commercial version, which would again be fine, since at least we'd know where things stand, but 2) it's been a LONG time since anyone has heard anything, and the decision to go to Steam and multi-regional with the flawed DW 1.03 was frankly a direct insult to the BFC and SF customers. The lack of a patch for the new customers is their share of the dissappointment.

I cannot comment on the progress towards the 1.04 patch because there isn't anything to say.

Cheers,
David
.....Sigh ....
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote