Old 03-12-19, 02:43 PM   #194
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
hi guys

just reinstalling SHIV after many many years (been reading lots of sub books) - just confirming with this mod- does it also improve the campaign? ie. enemy units, actual career progression, busy ports, more enemy shipping, etc?
Same here. Joined Subsim community back in the subcommand and SH3 days.
Had SH2 and Destroyer Command loaded as well. Sadly can't find DC anymore.
Just recently pulled all the old games and desktops out of mothballs as I'm renovating my "Man Cave" as my wife would call it and turning into my sons room for when he comes home from college this summer. Have used any the systems or games in a long time. Now I don't know why I ever stopped. Set them up in the dining room a couple of months ago to try out. Been there ever since. Although the desktops don't work anymore my newer laptops have this game now screaming. With 8 gigs of ram all graphics are gorgeous with no lagging what-so-ever.
I was happy to see your latest update was as recent as 2018. Hopefully that means no CTDs or bugs if I load the supertanker mod up.

Having said that I am mostly concerned about using MODS that get the game closure to realism. Before I go on thought I REFUSE to use the realistic dud function on the game. At least not yet. Sorry I'm just not good enough to chance losing a kill on a bad fish.
One of my pet peeves is how fast the destroyers are always on top of you and how they turn so much quicker than you. Although I have not played the games in quite some time I have still been doing my ever constant reading. Everything I have always read about this Era says that the subs can turn tighter than the destroyers. Sometimes that's all that got them out of the way of a serious pounding.
I saw in the forums that somebody had done a mod that actually tuned down the destroyers so they couldn't "Pop the Clutch and do 0-37 in a 1/4 second" as the post put it. In the Mega Mod are the destroyers modded more accurately?

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote