View Single Post
Old 08-09-15, 10:11 PM   #1205
goodpoints
Watch

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

Anyone know if it is possible in either stock or RFB to damage/disable AI engines or propellers? From reading the RFB manual I get the impression that the game can't model damage on specific equipment, only certain compartments? So are there actual functioning engine rooms on AI ships? I've been trying to disable engines with the deck gun, and have confirmed with the external cam multiple holes in the stern right around the prop but this seems to have no effect on the ship's speed.

Also, not sure if this is because of how RFB changes the shells or if its inherent in stock, but the amount of point blank 90 degree 3" deck gun shots I've seen have no penetration against merchant hulls is starting to feel ridiculous. It just feels wrong when I can blow away 3 tanks sitting on the deck with one shot (which look more like T-60's than any actual Japanese tank) but I can pump dozens of rounds into the hull from less than 300 yards and have only 1 or 2 penetrate.

Similarly, do any of the "AA" machine guns have any effect on ships? I've been damaged by machine guns on merchants but my .50 cal seems to have no effect on any part of the deck, hull, or enemy machine gunners. Granted, it's a bit tricky to get a clear shot before the tower armor is cut down, but it would be nice to be able to conserve deck gun ammo and do some damage against those sampans with the MGs.
goodpoints is offline   Reply With Quote