View Single Post
Old 04-20-19, 08:12 PM   #8077
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Thank you! ... and definitely an Ada Maru? Could you tell if it was riding "high" in the water, or anything unusual about it?
My recognition manual skills are usually pretty good. Am I certain? After observing some other mis-identifications on my part using the manual. No. I can't be certain. Nothing else unusual that I could see. Edit: added link to clip of ID of Ada Maru.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414148025

Maybe a second CTD report will help in the diagnosis. I don't rule out any cause, at this point, including causes outside of the game (read Windows 10). However my CTDs do show a seeming commonality, being in contact with the enemy. Perhaps even a second similarity. Maps. The first CTD that I reported with a single merchant contact happened when I had the navigation map displayed and under time compression. The second CTD happened in contact with an enemy Task Force while I had the attack map displayed (no time compression).

Gar boat. USS Grampus. 5th patrol of career. 2nd patrol in this boat after an upgrade from a Tambor and 1st patrol out of Brisbane after a transfer from Fremantle. November 30th, 1943 18:00 hours. Position is at about 1 degree north and at the center of the mouth of the northern Makassar Strait where it opens up into the southern Celebes Sea. Radar contact with an enemy task force about about 15 nm north of my position. Steaming SW at 18 knots. Seas heavy with wind at 15 ms. Task force made up of 4 destroyers, 1 light cruiser, and 3 merchants. As the contact progressed the task force must have detected my radar because they went to zig zagging. I shut off my radar and soon they seemed to line up again on a new course almost due south. I had to change my course to intercept their new track and fell short of a good shot at any of the merchants. I fired 5 mk14s at two different merchants and all 5 missed. I then managed to use a cutie to sink the first destroyer to show up looking for me. It was as I was lining up a cutie shot on the second destroyer to arrive near my position that the CTD happened. Both CTDs were with an enemy airbase not far away. I am thinking that enemy aircraft loading in and somehow causing the crash is a possibility. Please ignore my moans of agony after the crash to desktop.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414067830

Of note, but likely unrelated to the CTD. This career has progressed nicely for me with a boat upgrade, promotion, awards, and crew gaining much renown. Also on the 4th patrol I looked at the crew and all 3 lead engine room crew from each watch had gained the green propeller fast dive ability.

Unknown if related to the CTD, but creepy none the less. For the last few patrols I have had a majority of my crew show up on deck as the same red headed character. Their numbers seem to be growing as time goes by. Yes they stayed that way after transfer to Brisbane from Fremantle.

I should use JSGME to uninstall FOTRSU and do an original file snapshot comparison?

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 04-20-19 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added link to clip of ID of Ada Maru, updated details
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote