Thread: FSX Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-17-12, 05:54 AM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default scenery KLAX: 25-30 and higher during final approach or takeoff.

One should have max frames (=30+) when in midair and not in reach of complex scenery airports or landscape sceneries with many buildings (=Vienna scenery was famous for bringing down frames for example). When approaching an airport with high complexity in buildings, there can be occasional drops in frames, but it shouldn't be anything dramatic, and everything still fluid. During taxiing, when the buildings get shown with high detail and much happens around you in terms of ground traffic, frames likely will drop significantly and reach their minimums of the session - but they still should be in the two digit range, always. Foir me, they are, even at Heathrow, Frankfurt and Paris, which I all use in addons with maximum detail.

However, I recall to have rea dover the years that KLAX is one of the most prominent examples of trappoing frames in the default FSX world. Frisco also was such a trap I believe to recall.

Two things. You could try with what you get when buying a single addon for a megahub.Often such addons are equal in frames, sometimes even superior, than default scenery, but do not read too much into the latter part of my sentence! That is that addon designers spend more time for optimizing.

Second, you can spend a minute on thinking whether or not your frames are playable or not. Taxiing at 1-13 frames is totally playable and okay, I often have that at busy airports of large size. Sitting still at the gate should have your frames in the high 20s, which also is perfect. In midair I assume you are already okay anyway. This is no superfast dogfight simulation you do not need angles flying by in superspeed and fluid frames when turning sharply. An airliner with 22 frames in midair I have flown for long time in FS2002, and it was absolutely okay and fluid. So consider whether the issues you have are really that much of an issue indeed and are worth to spend more time for trying to solve them. Either what you have in frames allows you to enjoy the sim, or not. But when it does, don't miss the time to leave experimenting behind and start enjoying the game.

If you love airliner flying and really want to make the jump from the game that FSX by default is to a real indepth simulation , consider the PMDG737NGX, I mean xmas and all that... I fly nothing anymore beside this, its all just toys out there beside this beast. It's almost the real thing you fly and man age.