View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 03:46 PM   #1009
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Yes, it's quite easy. Just copy the v2.0 zones.cfg file from the \DATA folder to the data folder of v1.3 and overwrite when asked. The change on ships sinking is dramatic!

This file works also perfectly for stock, GFO, TMO 2.5, because none of these changes the original ship sinking zones in the \SEA folder. Any other changes like Websters' Ship Maneuvering fix also don't affect these zones so it's safe to use it. RFB with Observer's work on these zones is another matter.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to upload just the FOTRSv2.0 zones.cfg to Subsim, for people who don't want to download the whole v2.0 just for a few kilobytes of the zones file.

I also believe that this mod needs more attention. It was released prematurely with many bugs and it discouraged many players (including me) at its early stage. But at it's current state (1.3 for SH41.5) it's very stable and offers a great campaign!!

Cheers and thanks for your efforts!
This is a good idea. FOTRS v13 had some problems with sounds; producing CTDs. You need to use some other sound mod (example: Pacific Sounds Mod). Also, FOTRS v13 never included the Vickers Interiors, but you can add all the interiors with JSGME without problems.

Another question is the use of OTC. I think with some work it would work, because FOTRS is based in TMO 17.

My own installation of FOTRS v13- mix with v2 - is a beauty; the standard FOTRS environment is the best for SH4; and is full of action. Because I play only with pigboats and Gatos, I donīt know how works the asignation of ships and equipment in campaign (TMO 25 has some problems). I use pigboats for the early war in the Asiatic Fleet and after transfer to Pearl with Gatos to the end of the war.

From v2 you can take the textures of ships and put them in V13. Also the zones.cfg, as told.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote