Thread: Windows 7 News
View Single Post
Old 03-23-09, 07:31 PM   #37
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Fully tweaked :

24 OS processes. Memory Footprint ~ .5Gb, Installed footprint - 7.51G (counting Avast and Updates)

Runs MUCH faster than XP or Vista - now I can see how people are running this on REALLY old P2 or P3 boxes.

Stable, fast and user friendly. The Gui tweaks are really all in the right places.

I have to say - MS keeps this from bloating and they have a real winner - both home and business market. Based off of what I have seen - if NAP and SMS can integrate seamlessly - I would consider a beta rollout to a department!

BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT - Unneeded services actually turn themselves OFF. Manual setting of a service - in most cases - means the OS will turn it on when needed - and turn it off when its not. This doesn't apply to everything - but most. FINALLY! The OS install comes in a close second.

SteveW1 has it right - the homegroups implementation is horrible. The idea is great - but the way they did it drastically needs improvement. It is NOT in any ways backwards compatible. You have to just about turn Homegroups off entirely to get it to see previous network resources.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote