View Single Post
Old 11-21-07, 05:58 PM   #123
usscod
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Krunch
Well, I'm very glad that everyone has been happy with the work I did way back in March, and I'm also glad to see others run with it by making the back side and creating the Flash version.

Sadly, after I published the front of the Is-Was, I did a cross-country job relocation & bought a new house - both of which prevented me from participating further in this discussion (Or playing SH4 for that matter; I haven't played more than 10 minutes of it since it came out!). Hopefully I'll get into it later this year and enjoy the hard work that we've all done on the Is-Was.

Krunch
I just finished making a model of the Is-was using your excellant pdf file downloaded from the HNSA website. In my experimenting for materials to use I found some 7-mil transparancy film from B&K Photo (which just arrived today). Once I figured out that ink will only dry on the coated side I made up the C & D elements by printing them and then laminating them before cutting them out. They are quite stiff and flat and, of course, the ink is protected from wear and smearing.

The device works beautifully! I just happened to notice your earlier remarks about the orientation of the "A" ring and would point out that this ring corresponds to the relative bearing ring on the actual periscope housing. The "B" ring corresponds to the gyro repeater -- so it's scale represents true coordinates.

Thanks for all our effort in making up the drawings, and thanks for making them available. BZ!

John Fakan
usscod is offline   Reply With Quote