View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 06:06 PM   #8
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Great info Bandit, thanks for that. Have you got the Mod 0 or Mod 3 to show up as separate weapons in inventory or did you replace the standard Mod 2?

And yes, I've had good luck with the stock 120 dB pre-enable speed and a modded 130 dB enable speed, but that's just my guess at the difference in noise.
Well I've actually made nearly all variants of the Mk37. Mod 0 and 3 non-wire guided and Mod 1 and 2 wire-guided, plus Mk 37C although considerably few submarines have all of as I think each platform tops out at around 7 weapons (not including what types the VLS can accommodate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
The thing with the high noise values for enabled weapons is that this takes into account the output of the active seeker.
That makes a bit of sense and, I think I'll do some testing with torpedoes set to active to see how well enemies notice the. Not at all sure if this is even possible (or easy to do) but, what I would propose is having 3 modes for the Torpedo: Pre-enable/Transit , passive enable (where the torpedo comes up to full speed and starts seeking) and active enable (with the high-noise level so that whatever its shot at reasonably hears the active sonar echo and can evade accordingly).

On the topic of torpedoes as well, this may be a mistaken assumption on my part but, would it be possible to create a passive/active guidance mode? My understanding (especially on many non-wire-guided homing torpedoes) is that once a torpedo gets a good sniff of something passive and goes terminal, it would then switch to active-mode for greater accuracy.

Last edited by The Bandit; 08-09-17 at 02:16 AM.
The Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote