View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 04:23 PM   #1609
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Very nice pics frau kaleun
Danke!

Now a question for you modder types and console command afficionados... was discussing multiple followers with someone at the Bethesda forums (we both use a mod for that) and he mentioned wanting to include Marcurio in entourage. I cautioned against it because M. likes to use Chain Lightning A LOT which IME inevitably ricochets onto any allies in the area and either kills them (has happened a lot to stray dogs) or causes them to go aggro on him.

For that reason if I hire him I almost always have him wait somewhere out of the area if I am doing anything that assigns me a temporary additional follower, or stuff like the CW quests where I have a bunch of friendly soldiers fighting alongside me.

Anyway the other person mentioned that he would just remove Chain Lightning from Marcurio's spell repertoire and replace it with something less problematic. I asked how he was going to do that but so far he hasn't replied.

So I'm asking here, is there a way through console commands that you can open up an NPC's "skillset" and remove something from it, like a particular spell, and then add something else to it instead? Or can you create a plugin for that sort of thing fairly easily in the CK? I don't even care about adding another spell to replace Chain Lightning, really, but if I could make him stop using it that would be awesome.

Edit: okay I did find console commands for adding and removing spells, now I'm wondering... will that be saved in my saved games or will I have to do it every time I go in to play? Hmmmm and I can't tell from the description if the commands can be used for NPCs, or just for the player.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-26-12 at 04:51 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote