View Single Post
Old 10-27-17, 11:32 PM   #7
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

If I remember something I read about US carriers, their purpose is to be able to project US power and influence anywhere in the world when and where needed.

But listening to you guys what you're saying about carriers being vulnerable and not much more than targets has a ring of truth to it. It's not the "cold war" anymore and most of these ships and the reason for their creation was to fight a war or battle that doesn't exist anymore. Same with the new breed of SSN's....the Virginia class. They were designed to do what the Seawolf and LA class weren't. Fight a littoral battle in the enemies front and back yard. I've also read somewhere that the Seawolf SSN is already just about obsolete. Not to mention much more expensive to build then the Virginia.

With these quiet, modern diesel subs being sold to everyone and their granny, our enemies, especially our carrier enemies will only get worse. I'm surprised something hasn't happened already. Not that the Navy or the Pentagon would ever admit to it.

Last edited by CaptainCruise; 10-27-17 at 11:41 PM.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote