Thread: Anti-Lag
View Single Post
Old 09-11-17, 06:30 PM   #8
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Excel,
Most of the discussions I have seen on this topic basically say that UbiSoft rushed this game through without the proper time being spent on the final touches of graphics "optimization" While the time was taken to make the game look quite nice (especially for 2012) they didnt then fine tune the code to optimize the graphics for efficient usage of system resources. Hence with even a beefy system by todays standards whether or not the game runs really well with all the eye candy on seems to be more a matter of luck than logic. Though I play the game right now on a laptop, the original system I installed it on was a desktop with top of the line everything which I built myself. This was 2013, but I never got the game to truly run smooth. The laptop I have now has half the Vram of my old tower, but runs the game quite well. Go figure. I was attempting to install the anti-lag to stop the sluggish mouse issue which many here report dealing with. I have A/A turned off, and shadows at half but all other eye candy on. I get about the same F/R as you around 60/ 30 depending on amount of game traffic. The game with TWoS is truly an awesome sim, and worth the hassle to play. But the underlying code will always be quirky/ buggy and poorly optimized IMHO.
BTW I have an NVidia 7 shared resource GPU on an HP laptop.
Rolf Weare, U-51 2nd Flotilla Lorient
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote