View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 11:25 AM   #19
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Most of the equipment in the control room runs on 120 VAC from the circuit boards in that room - the frequency is mainly 60Hz with a few exceptions. We will have to see where we need to attach shore power to the A/C Bus #1 located in the control room switch/circuit boards to get the right results, since we are no longer converting the power from the generators. We have a lot of electrical schematics and we're in the process of getting more from the Torsk.

If the hydraulic motor requires a different voltage and frequency, we could always install a transformer and anything else needed to make the conversion or maybe use a 120V motor in place of the existing one.

The periscopes were raised with high pressure water a long time ago and then metal posts were placed under them in the conning tower to keep them raised. As a museum, we're trying to restore equipment to its original functionality.

I'm wondering if they pumped the water into the hydraulic lines or used some other means. My idea is to disconnect a lot of the hydraulic lines to the dive planes, steering transmission, outer torpedo doors, etc. and replace the ones needed to operate the scopes.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote