View Single Post
Old 10-04-18, 06:21 PM   #40
Christopher Snow
Engineer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

My particular issue ATM is deciding on which side of a doorway to semi-permanently configure the PC. Right now I have to physically disconnect the tower and move it (I know it's always said no-one will do that more than a few times, but I'm the exception to the rule--still, it's not easy).

Either way, I'll be crossing quite a few cables, but those can be located underneath a "pseudo door threshold," and my inclination now is to keep the PC located near the 43" display (on the command station side) rather than on the sim-racing side.

This is not a view of my actual sim-racing rig, but mine is VERY similar (mine is actual lifesize, while this one is about 3/4), including the cutout of the lower center of the screen so that the legs can project through and onto the pedals:

Immersive, but as you can also see, entirely impractical for subsimming, as 1/6th of the screen is entirely invisible/gone.

Besides, a sub skipper stands anyway.

The PC is entirely adequate, btw: 32G, 1080ti, SSD, etc...and the 43" monitor is 4K....

Which brings up a question: Anyone actually use voice commands for sub-simming? I have used them in the past with racing for setting up pitstops, and they were nearly essential for oval racing (because I can't type and drive fer sh**), but I was just curious if anyone here has investigated that idea.
Christopher Snow is offline   Reply With Quote