View Single Post
Old 07-21-15, 03:08 PM   #62
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi all,

has anyone any news about the mod? CTDs? Weired behavior? Suggestions?

I just finished a full patrol with the mod (Date: June 1940, Patrol grid: AN18 at the Scottish coast). Here are my observations:

Positive: No CTDs, all save-games worked without problems, two destroyer groups were sent out to look for me

Negative: After about ten years of playing SH3 I had my first patrol without any sinkings . I was detected on my way to the patrol area and from then on had to face heavy air cover during the very long days in the North in June. I had to stay submerged most of the time. This fact, together with the quite high speed of most of the contacts, forced me to take shots from quite some distance (>2000m). The distance combined with frequently zig-zagging units and several duds (wind speed was 15m/s) led to many misses. And in the case of the single hit I scored, the ship didn't sink and I could not keep up with the speed submerged. Quite frustrating, but still fun

Summary: After being detected and thus, loosing the element of surprise, staying in the area was basically futile. For a patrol area that close to the British Isles I consider this quite realistic even for 1940. It seems the times of happily sinking ships close to the British Isles without any reaction are over, at least with the mod.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote