Old 07-13-17, 11:28 AM   #209
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Default Tourelle de la Plate alpha v5

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lf45bu...La_Plate_v5.7z

A few changes here. Nothing drastical:

- I have set the rock as a proper terrain object, and I have fixed its StaticObject controller as described in my previous post. Hopefully, this will make the rock collisionable as it should.

- I have created a tga mask for the lighthouse, which is linked to the rock object. The icon is inspired by modern nautical charts, no idea how beacons were marked in German charts of the 30s-40s. I hope you like it:

- I have thought that in future we might need some generic day beacons similar to the Petite Vielle, so i decided to remove the light platform from the main model, and to make it into a configurable equipment, same as the lantern and top mark. You shouldn't notice any visual change in game. If you do, I messed up something

- While separating the tower and the platform, I have noticed a small misalignment of a mesh in one of the beams holding the platform. The error is fixed, but I had to do some slight changes in the texture.

- I have added water reflections to the lighthouse and to all of its library subparts. The reflections models I have used, are low-poly versions of the corresponding main models. I made an automatic, quick and dirty poly reduction, and the resulting models have many distortions. Water reflections are distorted anyway, so you probably wont notice how messy are those models, but I plan for one of the next releases to reference the main models as reflection models. Supposing that this is going to be possible, that would result in excellent reflections with no extra file size

For the moment, I think that's all.
My next contribution to this project, will be a lat/long converter based on an excel spreadsheet. Creating it shouldn't take too long
gap is offline   Reply With Quote