View Single Post
Old 07-13-17, 01:46 AM   #203
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The controller used for making this kind of objects collisionable, is the StaticObject controller. I had placed one in the rock object, but you should explain first how you used it, and if/how you 'converted' it.
A terrain object is a .dat file that is placed in data\Terrain\Locations, as the harbours. It has a .tga file with the same name which represents the aspect of the harbour on the navigation map.

I first tested with your controller, and the rock was "ghost".

Then, I realised that something was missing :

I tried with 30 and 200, but still the rock remains "ghost".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Sure it is possible but if I got you correctly when we fisrt discussed the topic a few month ago, the position of terrain objects is always dictated by the coordinates of their 3D meshes. You must estimate by how many meters the rock needs to be raised/lowered, export its meshes using S3d, move the object in Wings, and re-import them in the dat file. As I told you, a ruler object will help greatly; let me know if you still want it
I have reworked a bit the 3D model of the rock, so now the origin point of the rock and the lighthouse are exactly on the same vertical axis. The problem is that land units and terrain objects are not using the same unit to measure the coordinates. While the land units' coordinates are measured with meters, the objects' coordinates are measured with degrees. In mission editor, coordinates of your cursor are shown in both units, but if you write them in the mission's file (in meters) and in the Locations.cfg (in degrees), both model are separated by at least 10 meters ....

So, I can place manually the land unit just on the point showing the terrain object's location in mission editor, but still it remains imprecision.