View Single Post
Old 07-19-18, 06:50 AM   #10409
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@RustenSKE,

Still it's worth re-trying to install TWoS, but alas AFAIK, for some Steam users the install will work and they can play without problems, but others cannot for reasons that I don't know.

I'm currently experimenting an ideal mod setup that reflects the stock game + Open Horizons II v.2.5 campaign improvements (contained in TWoS) + other mods that will correct bugs or game malfunctions.

Here is my advice for a setup which you can follow by downloading the necessary files here in the download section or following the Mediafire links in the mod threads.

instead of the 7_4_2 , try to download the

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_Test_Version_18.7 (ask for a link, because I cannot remember where to DL).

It has many improvements added.

My adviced modlist for a game 'close to TWoS' is as follows:

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_FIX_Destroyed_Shipm arks (I will soon publish this mod)
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith (read inside to know what to install !)
No_Damn_Bubbles_No_Damn_Halo_Mod
Accurate German Flags
DeckGun Friendly Waves
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5

These are all mods you can find and will make the stock game playable with a much improved campaign and UI, and harbor autopilots. Before you install these mods however, you must run:

TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0

to successfully patch game 1.2.0, else the game remains unplayable (you can likely start it but do not expect any reasonable gameplay...). Before running this patcher, make the replacement of your SH5.exe which you have talked about and hope for the best that your game gets patched correctly with it.

I hope however that you re-try to re-install TWoS successfully, it really makes a difference in gameplay. Try it, and if it fails try my modlist above.
Cheers,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-19-18 at 07:06 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote