View Single Post
Old 02-11-11, 02:44 PM   #570
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Damo, I see T13B in your list. I doubt it will hurt anything to have a ship in the list that isn't really there, but T13A is the American T-2 tanker and there is no T13B counterpart, as no other nation ever had any.
I also run the Community Units mod, which had some of IABL's ships in it. If that particular ship is listed in my englishnames.cfg it's because either it was listed in the MFM mods folders or it was already there in the IABL ships listing that Community Units already entered into Englishnames.cfg. As you say though, having it there even if it doesn't exist in game doesn't seem to cause issues so it's not an issue as far as I can see, I'm just covering all the bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walruss View Post
Damo, your suggestion did the trick! Had to do a new patrol, but I was planning on heading out tonight anyway :P Just had to give the girlfriend the laptop to play with

Thanks for the help guys
Glad it solved the problem, I wish there was a readme in MFM full that had the required entries, as there is in the Interim. Hopefully people will see my post in future and be able to 'fill in the blanks'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I currently have the renown for sinking a neutral set to 0, not -1, so I do not lose points for sinking neutrals anyway. The only time I am likely to sink one is if I hit it by accident in a convoy, which would be an enemy convoy so IMO it's already given up any real claim to neutrality.
I do the same, if I were to accidentally sink a genuine neutral I would think that Bdu would just deny the incident rather than reprimand me for it creating records that could be used against Germany during any possible war crimes investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin40 View Post
clearly anyone can act as he likes
That's true, after all you should play the game in a way that entertains you, the individual. As far as the neutrals are concerned, I always check them out regardless of what flag is painted on the side. If they are armed, they are fair game, if not I will surface and approach. If they begin to zig zag and evade, I know they are legitimate targets as true neutrals won't do this in the game. Conversely, if I see a possible neutral in a convoy I will reposition or go as far as calling off the attack if there's a high chance of me accidently hitting it. Although I have neutrals set to 0 renown, I still have a modicum of conscience.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote