Old 11-28-08, 05:24 PM   #73
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Sessine
Skybird,

I saw you posted over at the lighthouse forums as well and I think the good folks here deserve another point of view on Steel Fury. Your views on SF are unfair and unfounded. I don't understand why you think its not a serious sim.

I have been a professional reviewer for years and I see nothing in SF that doesn't point at the label 'hardcore sim'. The physis and operation of a WW2 tank are painstakingly accurate, the landscapes are modelled after the real thing (the Graviteam guys went on location to model them), and it has lots of bells and whistles in terms of sounds and sights.

Based on that, then what in the name of the simgods make you say it's an 'action' game?? Whats your problem with it, and what's up with the constant comparison with Steel Beasts?

Your comments are inappropriate and unaccurate. You have a right not to like it, but don't make it sound like its a piece of crap because it didn't pass 'THE SKYBIRD TEST', because then, my friend, you have a long way to go as a reviewer :-)
I've been reading all these SF threads with interest and all I can say is...great first post! In much the same way that Skybird has his opinion about the game, I have an opinion about his credibility to review free from bias. It's a bit hard to perceive Skybird as objective when everything he sprouts is in some way a comparison to his beloved nirvana of SBP. And why even *try* to compare SF to SBP? SF v PE or PC or TvT, sure, *that's* relevant for obvious reasons, but SF v SBP...why? That's right, because it's his favourite tanksim. But hardly relevant to me though, or anyone that exclusively plays *WWII* tanksims.

And Skybird, geez, it's only a review - one of many reviews - so why carry on like it's meant to be the ultimate word on the game that everyone must stand to attention and consider as the authoritive statement?

Anyway, thanks Dowly - a perspective from someone who has actually played both the current WWII offerings is very helpful.

EDIT: Oh geez, now I have to read Skybird's pro-SBP drivel over at the SF forum.

Last edited by JScones; 11-28-08 at 05:44 PM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote