View Single Post
Old 07-17-12, 12:19 PM   #6381
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittingwolf View Post
How about GWX 6.0 guys? Would that still be possible to assemble Good Old Team and make that nowadays?

Best,
Sittingwolf
Apologies my friend. Relating to any new development of the GWX project, we've used up all our diesel.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583

I think too, that if somehow we were to pick up and continue development, we'd be risking the rock-steady stability of what we have built and released.

We will continue to support GWX users and the current version for the forseeable future though. You can play GWX for YEARS and still not see / experience everything we built into it.

External to GWX itself though, new stuff is still being built by various modders for GWX. (Just use caution, and remember that those modders are responsible for supporting what they release.)

To everyone who has supported GWX with their time, energy, and well wishes... THANK YOU! So many have given so much... and have shared kind words to us.

I'll say to you all, what I said to Privateer on the phone the other day:

Looking back, we have been so lucky in a thousand different ways. I'm still not sure exactly how it (GWX) became so successful... but inspite of BUCKETS of obstacles and problems... we were fortunate enough to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right people. I have to admit to even feeling a bit grateful to our 'opponents' and critics. They made us work harder... and indirectly made GWX even better than it might have been. Everyone who was ever involved with the construction of GWX, can look at the body of work and be proud of it!

Just speaking for myself now, from the standpoint of being the GWX founder / project manager... I really don't think I could pull it off again. My fangs have gotten a little dull and there's little streaks of white are starting to show on my fur.

Besides, I was passed over for that promotion to 'Admiral'... and I'm just not in the mood! So there!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote