View Single Post
Old 07-25-18, 06:57 AM   #13
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraki View Post
Yeah. I know regarding reallife eyeballing.

I found the video. It is the one from ThaineFurrows called 'Sh5 - attack plot'.

Ok. At 27mins of the video, he fires the torp after what I can assume is a very good calculation for the firing solution.

However, I noticed he uses the periscope and aims at the structure instead of the 0' gyro.

Did the torpedo actually go straight or did it actually do a curve during it's runtime?

In SH1, you had 360' disc so to speak to tell the torp where to go once launched. It just confuses me when the torp does follow the bearing of your periscope and when not.

Or is this all due to the TDC being on or not?
Bit lost.

Been watching the video a few times but couldn't replicate all the results other than dumb luck.

I dong know spraki if these would help thane explains the dials on the TDc very thoroughly

Also, another method By POTUS he uses the attack plot method it starts around 14:55 were he explains himself using the attack plot method -- his version and it goes into the scope point. Alos the scope will need to be set at an angle when you see the target like if it is 11 degrees to starboard. the torpedo will fire at zero scope angle . while you shoot at 11 degrees

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote