View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 12:24 AM   #9
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Your attitude for the game is surely right, but keep this in mind: Can you ask an interested newbie to start the game and soon get familiar with Manual TDC, Real Navigation, ordering the crew correctly (which is far from intuitive) etc. ? Methinks not.

After one has played with enemy marks on the map display, with Auto TDC (which is not intuitive either), the crazy procedure in using the deck gun, playing without RN, all which corresponds to 30% realism, after running it in 'arcade' as you say, one can get a good overall idea of SH5 and FROM THERE stepping upwards to better challenges.
That's to say you learn to walk before running like Usain Bolt.

But go ahead: I really would appreciate more updated videos for SH5
On the other hand, videos - even the best ones - are not the taste of everyone. I, for example, which there would be a really good overall manual for the game, transcending the trashbin Ubisoft manual...This would for sure reduce substantially very noob questions about the game, although I don't see a problem with that.

Cheers,
I commend you for making the effort in learning concepts. there is a lot of information out there that can clearly help you with your desire to change. the basics offered by Stoiam in his videos is an awesome start, but to look at using quicker methods of tracking and finding a torpedo solution is using RAFOB. the attack disk with speed range AOB solver -- I love this tool .. As Bastanko has said, you can look at the target ship and estimate AOB .. or you can use a formula called Aspect ratio. along with the back side of the attack disk, when you know the length and the height of the ship that is given in your recognition book. The attack disk will even give you course at ranges when the target ship is moving closer to you. once you have that a perfect shot will be a 90-degree angle. but at times using the attack disk will also give you AOB when you know what the course of the ship is and your own course. it does always have to be a perfect 90 angle.

There are a few tools in the game in your charts menu that will show pictures of a ship at different AOB. of 5.10.20-30-40-60-80-90 . A handbook will teach you how to use the attack disk. ill send you a copy to your inbox ..

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote