View Single Post
Old 11-10-14, 12:08 AM   #1
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0
Default Sub Command -- Speed seems to change too quickly

I just re-installed Sub Command last night. It's been several years since i last played it (once I got SHIII, I virtually abandoned nuke subs ).
So I updated it and installed SCX2/SCU .. before ever even opening the game once. After troubleshooting some graphics issues, I started up the 688i campaign.
SO! Here's the thing. It seems the 688i changes speed WAY too quickly. Like, just a few seconds to go from 15kt to 3kt. And not much slower to increase speed. ... Once I noticed this, I remembered seeing that previously while playing SC, and finding it frustrating and immersion-killing. MOST of my nuke sub time has been in the classic 688, of course, and in that the speed up/slow down times were MUCH longer.
I'm guessing this is some sort of bug, and am really hoping there's a fix for it. From all my reading, it's my understanding that subs do NOT speed up or slow down particularly quickly, which has led to numerous accidents over the years. ... The subs in SC seem to have "water brakes" or something.
I sure do hope this can be fixed.
And I also hope this forum/game is active enough that I actually get a response to this LOL
It's likely that I'll pick up DW this coming week or so, however. .. I sure hope this issue doesn't remain in that game.

artao is offline   Reply With Quote