View Single Post
Old 03-22-08, 12:02 PM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Could someone explain the difference between a "Quick Mission" and a "War Patrol"? Is it just longer?
And tater, you say a "single patrol" pulls all the layers from the Campaign, don't they both do that?
Another question, I don't understand, in the mission editor in the 'File' menu:

Open Rnd Layer
Open Scripted Layer
Open Mapnotes Layer
Open Landunits Layer
I don't know what those are for, I have tried it and see the results but don't understand it.

I understand that Merge is so you can get objects like Docks from the Campaign and to place boats accutately but don't click "saveable", because they will be there anyway. Am I correct on that?

I enjoy learning the editor and making missions, but I made one "Battle of the Bismark Sea", which except for the Sub was based on actual events, complete with a refit station so it was entirely possible to complete the mission even if you ran out of fish. I asked that anyone that tried it let me know even if they didn't like it. I learn from your comments. Well, so far one person congratulated me on completing my first mission and one person PMed me with comments since he actually tried it, of the other 50 that read the thread, not a peep. So I am fully willing to work on missions (I am retired with some minor health problems) but not if no one is even going to look at them. If a "War Patrol" is a longer mission, I'll give it a shot, but I need to know what the difference is.
Also, I do not have any mods installed, so if that is a problem, let me know. My video card is on the edge now, I even had to uninstall ROW, which I was not happy about doing but I had no choice.

Maybe a stupid question, but I do use the same editor as a quick mission, right?
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote