View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 09:18 AM   #5384
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Does the "Focused" and "Continuous" switches do anything? You can switch from the left to the right screens fine with the buttons on the menu bar? Do the "Range" knobs work?

If all of the above doesn't do it, be sure and back out of all the other mods, including ones that we think might be safe. Just keep the FOTARSU mod active, and see what it does.
Ok, tested the Focus and Range knobs in the existing configuration from the last saved game. They work fine.

Next I exited, removed the Stop the Shouting mod, reloaded to the Office, started the mission, and retested. The Focus and Range knobs work. The on/off switch does not (it puts the scene into the free movement mode).

Exited back to JSGME; unloaded the Lite Fog + 300' Visibility mod and repeated the test exactly as stated above. Same results.

Lastly, I went back to JSGME and removed the Unmark mod. That left me with nothing added but FOTARSU v0.63. Same exact results. I also verified that the mark for my submerged boat was present, and the underwater visibility was poor. I did not cause damage so I could test the Stop the Shouting Mod, but that should have had no effect anyway. I really don't think the 3 mods I added had any effect. I can see that they are gone by entering the game to confirm the JSGME actions, but the radar still doesn't work (the SV Elite DOES work, if I didn't make that clear before).

The only thing I can do now is delete the SH4 folder from My Documents, do a complete reinstall from my Pristine version, reload FOTARSU, start a new career, and work back up to January 1945. I'd really rather not have to do that, but I will if you think it necessary. Have not tried a Single Mission. That might be a more viable option.

Something is preventing those radars from turning On, but I can't see it, and I don't think it was in any of the 3 mods I added.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote