View Single Post
Old 10-20-17, 10:04 AM   #5419
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
As I said, the issue is in the stock game. Trying to follow a complete Campaign from start to finish is going to cause this game to loose tract of what time it is!!

If you start a "new" Campaign in Fotrs Ultimate, at the offered "Beginning of 1945" start date.....go to any of the offered bases, use any of the offered subs.....you get a working ST Periscope Radar.

When you bring a load of "baggage" from a previous Campaign start date.....the game doesn't know what to do with it when the "new" equipment is supposed to start. It's a flaw in the game due to how it saves itself.

This isn't new, there's dozens and DOZENS of players that have questioned why things happen after a "save" game (like this recent thread)......the simple reason is the game is flawed and we can't do a thing about it except come up with a different way to play......like playing only short Campaign games that start/end during short/specific time periods.

After 10 plus years of this kind of problem, we need to face the facts....the game is flawed in its saved games, and we can't do a thing about it! Within Fotrs Ultimate, we've tried to correct every angle of dates and upgrades, missions and refits. We're the only mod that gives you a working ST Radar! But, the game still needs a hammer taken to it to correct it's inherent flaws.
Thank you, Captain for the thorough explanation. I accept it, and should I play another complete campaign will be aware and not bitch about it (although it is my understanding that a bitching sailor is a happy sailor!)

I am perfectly content with the SJ-1 Improved Radar when it comes available, but will start a later campaign from time to time to enjoy the later innovations in radar. Much thanks to you, Propbeanie and the mod team. My somewhat quiet (retired) life is enriched by what you have produced. I will go to SH3 from time to time, but always come back to SH4 and FOTARS Ultimate. Great job, guys! Have a beer on me!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote