Old 10-19-17, 08:00 PM   #5416
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait
I started my career on December 8, 1941 based at Midway
As I said, the issue is in the stock game. Trying to follow a complete Campaign from start to finish is going to cause this game to loose tract of what time it is!!

If you start a "new" Campaign in Fotrs Ultimate, at the offered "Beginning of 1945" start date.....go to any of the offered bases, use any of the offered subs.....you get a working ST Periscope Radar.

When you bring a load of "baggage" from a previous Campaign start date.....the game doesn't know what to do with it when the "new" equipment is supposed to start. It's a flaw in the game due to how it saves itself.

This isn't new, there's dozens and DOZENS of players that have questioned why things happen after a "save" game (like this recent thread)......the simple reason is the game is flawed and we can't do a thing about it except come up with a different way to play......like playing only short Campaign games that start/end during short/specific time periods.

After 10 plus years of this kind of problem, we need to face the facts....the game is flawed in its saved games, and we can't do a thing about it! Within Fotrs Ultimate, we've tried to correct every angle of dates and upgrades, missions and refits. We're the only mod that gives you a working ST Radar! But, the game still needs a hammer taken to it to correct it's inherent flaws.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote