Old 07-21-17, 10:52 AM   #70
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
Read this again:

"I posted this on the steam forum awhile back but before anyone ask for more realism (unless it's optional). read this thread:"

Did you miss the "(unless it's optional)". I have no problem with adding realism options and giving player a more accurate sim. But I want to keep the core sim simple enough for causal player.

I actually did not target this set of message. I was just posting the link as a cautionary tale of what might happen if we continue to add complex elements to some lite sims.
I get your point. It's just this sentence that I don't agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
It's hardcore players why this genre is dead
My arguments were to point out that there were many different reasons why we have so little sims these days and complaints from so called "hardcore gamers" are one of the least important factors (if they mean anything at all). Just look at flight sims players. They want as much realism in their games as well and it didn't cause the downfall of companies like Eagle Dynamics or Laminar Research. Quite the opposite, those companies stood up to those demands and created a nice niche where they have stable income.
The thing is, flight sim crowd is much bigger that sub sim crowd and that is the main reason there is very little good quality subsims.
It's just bad business to invest large budgets for a small target audience and even if you consider successful games like CW you have to remember that sales that are a success for a company like KillerFish Games would still be a failure for big studios like Ubisoft.
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote