View Single Post
Old 03-16-14, 08:31 AM   #37
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
Please don't think I'm defending pirating, I hate it but it has its benefits. Look at what it has done for SH5, a game that was all but DOA when it launched from either bad code or stuff just being flat out unfinished. I think what TDW was trying to say is that those guys who can crack the game and get the source code so they can fix the problems if a game is broken, not to do it for personal game. Look at the modding communities out there, how many games have those communities to thank for their longevity on the market? There's a bunch that are still around 10+ years later thanks to mods and community improvement.
Pirating (and cracking) and unfinished games are two different things. Pirating happens always and always for the same reason: "I don't want to pay", while not all games are unfinished and a lot of games can be modded without cracking. But even if modding is not possible it's not a justification for cracking. What if the company does not want to see any user modifications? (for example to release another more complex version later) You don't own software or games you buy a license to use them "as is" - that's the deal. (sure "as is" should also mean "as advertised" and not "unfinished rubbish")

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote