View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 01:24 PM   #228
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I heard a rumor that Roger Goodell, commissioner of the NFL, lied and said that he had talked with the coach and the players of the New Orleans Saints about the missed call in the NFC championship game ... when in fact he had not talked to them.
Perhaps the NFl needs new commissioner?

Yes, I had said that in my previous post, #226.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Goodell lied when he said he spoke with New Orleans Saints players. Goodell, when confronted, admitted he never spoke with the Saints players. I think instant replay should be used in any situation where Roger Goodell addresses the media.

With regards to a new NFL Commissioner, I can't remember a more inept Commissioner. I also can't think of anything that Roger Goodell has done to better or enhance the NFL or it's image. Goodell's failure to address the “ Fixing “ of games may well have cost him a number of football fans as well. When you start to lose your fan base and the revenue associated with ticket and cable access to games, you're going in the wrong direction.

The Saints are not “ lily white “ either. The Saints were disciplined for “ bountygate . “ Bountygate was where bonuses were paid out for injuring opposing players. One way of looking at this is this is “karma. “

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Or...bounty_scandal

Perhaps it's time for the team owners to look for another commissioner.
Commander Wallace is online   Reply With Quote