View Single Post
Old 09-07-09, 07:28 AM   #14
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Yeap, just try it, it only takes a couple of minutes, too bad the periscope object has it's Y axis missplaced. All dials rotate on their Y axis. So you'll have to export the object in MAX, rotate it's pivot and reimport. Then break all children, rotate, and relink all children.
The new interface is coming along well. I'm still working in Maya in my very small free time on my main pc. The dials look superb, but I will have to remake all the 2D dial dds's at 2 times resolution for it to look ok. I guess that in about a week I'll have the first screenshots. Here's the main outline:

There will be no indication of TDC autoupdate on/off. Unless someone can show me how to do it, the SH4 limitation is at the moment impossible to break. There will be a TDC Autoupdate switch on the main menu bar on the periscope page, and I'll link it to the Enter button. Also no indication of which torps are selected, no clickable torp Buttons. You will need to use the torp switch dial. Okok, maybe I'll put some small bulbs to light up under the torp number label if the torp is selected.

Attack Scope
- on the right, the draggable TDC (Up) with 4 dials and AOBF (down). The AOBF will actually be doubled, one will be manual, the other linked to the stadimeter (IF, i can make the proper dial relation).
- on the left, all torpedo dials and switches (altough there is absolutely no way to indicate which torps are FAT and which not, but the dials will be there)

Obs Scope
- on the right, TDC up and Attack disk (with both faces) automated as much as possible, bearing wedge linked to bearing dial, outer dial linked to inverse course etc.
- same torps dials

Uzo
- TDC but no attack disk or AOBF, maybe some chart or small recognition manual as in ACM
- same torp dials

Screenies coming as soon as I finish the Maya part .
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote