View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 05:13 PM   #32
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf View Post
I have another frustration getting in the way, which is that when I go to the recognition manual, looking for the 'Maru's, as I have one approaching, the game ctd's. Twice it has done that. I pause the game and leaf through the manual and then. CTD. Maybe this is one of the vanilla bugs Peter warned about.
The stock game doesn't have CTD's when using the Recognition Manual....or the Museum for that matter. It's NOT a stock vanilla game issue.....as long as your stock game is not corrupted by the mods you've been using, there's no CTD's in those areas!

Quote:
ahh.. others have had this problem http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145604 and the RSRD mod seemed to fix it.. I shall wait to see what you wise ones might say before I do anything I have 1.5 of course.
It's been my impression that RSRDC was the cause of CTD's when looking through the RM....not the cure. The same is true of his Museum. If you go through the entire museum, you'll get CTD's with certain ships/planes that are attempted to be displayed.

The way you can figure out which specific model that's messing up things (least in the Museum), make a note of the ship lists....their all in the specific nationality categories at the top of the page. Then one by one, go down the list. Get sent back to the desktop? It's the next model on your list that was after the previous model that shown good in the Museum.

The trouble of course is........once you know which model(s) are stinkers, what do you do to correct them? As far as my OTC mods (put out by me) I've corrected the models I'd run into for TMO 2.5, or RSRDC v550, or the combo TMO 2.5 & RSRDC v502 when my OTC for RSRDC v502 was used with them. Yea, I've corrected the errors I'd find, especially CTD's of models. Why? Because when a player runs into problems, the first thing they think of....... This mod I've added is messing up my game!!

But, when you start adding other mods into the mix....all bets are off. Anything can happen when mods that weren't designed to work together are changing previously activated mods that are meant to be compatible.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote