Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 12-03-18, 11:24 PM   #14
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Yes, in my early 50's, I think about it. Course at that age many of the adults in my life, parents, etc., have recently died, which makes you think about it. Course, like most, the concern is over health, disease, what could it be., more so when you see people you love die out slowly over a period of several months with severe suffering. But in the end, I know nothing I can do about it, so I try not to worry about it.

I also don't worry about the afterlife. While I'm open to the possibility there's something more, I see no evidence that any religion has it right. For most of them, salvation is based off fear, accept a certain belief or go to hell forever. If God exist, I don't believe him to be that petty. Imagine being a Christian and dying only to face Allah and Allah says to you...depart to hell to be tortured forever.... What you gonna say? Most people simply believe based off cultural or parental indoctrination.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote