View Single Post
Old 02-25-24, 11:45 AM   #15
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post

And here's some of the photoreal VFR terrain in FS9 with a DH-80 from PC Pilot I believe. I suppose the money I spent on some of the early stuff like terrain meshes was wasted once this came along - but I'd never get rid of the discs: I feel they're kind of nice to hang on to just in case I want to play around with them again some day
Huub Vink (someone I learned to trust a long time ago even when we don't agree) over at SOH swears by a freeware cloud set for FS9 called HDE clouds by Pablo Diaz. Here's a cool thread you may like:

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...nearly-perfect

For me, clouds are a bit of a *meh* kind of thing. I set up this PC to run with a fanless, low power GPU so there are some limits I have to watch if I want to keep things going at 60 FPS. I also run a Real Weather program to keep things interesting. With "photo scenery", I'm just not a big fan. It looks great in screen shots but it really doesn't help me navigate. I'm also trying to keep my FS9 install from turning into a junk yard of files and folders. My FS2002 install is at the point where it feels like I'm one file away from a CTD so I mostly leave it alone. Its more like a souvenir of what's possible.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote