View Single Post
Old 04-02-08, 04:19 AM   #33
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I'm still puzzling out how to set the log's font to something custom that's more like real handwriting.

I wish you had made the editor with a drop box to choose the font and then have SH3 Commander set that as the logbook font in the game. My brain is bewildered!
In the editor? It's just a dumb text editor aimed to make adding and editing patrol log entries easier. It's not meant to be a pretty logbook or anything; just a text editor (otherwise I'd have called it something like "SH3 Kriegstagebuch" and wrapped it up in an authentic interface like SH3Cmdr's - would be nice, but time...). SH3Cmdr does the pretty graphical work when you generate a Personnel File. *That's* the output. And that's why you set the display fonts in SH3Cmdr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I also noticed that you have to add entries in order. You can't go back and insert a new entry previous to the last new entry you add ( or does that only affect entries with the same day but different times? ).
When you add an entry it defaults to the patrol's start date and time. You can then change that to whatever you want and the editor will re-sort it to the right spot.

The only limitations are that you cannot change the date or time on entries that you did not add yourself nor can you add entries before the patrol's start date/time or after the patrol's end date/time. This is simply to maintain integrity and compatibility with default SH3 mechanics.

Now, if you add two entries with the exact date and time, then they are sorted in the order that you added them, for continuity reasons (ie message continuations).

So unless you are entering multiple entries with the same date *and* time, you do not have to add in order.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote